Sunday, May 12, 2013

being a mom has made me a better photographer...




It's true! I have always been a sap, the sentimental type! Don't get me wrong, I like a good Tarantino movie as much as the next gal, but since having the girls I can see the magic moments a little more clearly. I can remember my first attempts as a young girl taking pictures, and just the way it made me feel. I felt so lucky, so special to have been the one to grab a piece of time. As I got older, in my 20's, it was important to have those moments, but it was hurry up to the next thing, the next party, friend, experience, destination or whatever it happened to be. Once I became a mother, and the girls started growing and changing so fast, I was reminded how beautiful each minute of eveyday really is. My beautiful girls have made me cherish the special moments, the little milli- pockets of love and life that I stive to freeze in time in a photograph. So on this Mother's Day as I hear the girls scrabbling with the tape and scissors making the cards, and cracking the eggs and dropping them on the floor as they make me breakfast, I turn it to them. To the most beautiful little ladies I know. I thank them for giving me love and laughter (almost) everyday and helping see the magic.....






1 comment:

  1. Love it! Such a gorgeous photo! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete